Thursday 11 June 2009

Cactus


trilltrall and I own a cactus. It's a lovely little plant which we got as a house warming gift from AudiX78 almost three years ago. It almost died, the poor thing, but to the left here you see what it looks like now. It's amazing that it has survived. If you look closely, you can see the withered remains of the other parts of it that used to be there when we got it...

A couple of months ago, we moved this poor plant into the daylight and started giving it water. Suddenly it grew and grew, and wouldn't you know - it even got a pretty little pink flower! And the point is that it's growing new little leaves (or what we should call them) again, which I hope means we'll soon see more flowers! :-D I think it's some variety of holiday cactus. The one flower we've had looked a lot like this Christmas cactus.
(If you were wondering, it's just that Knerten and Fjerten don't do very much, so I've decided this can be a part-time cactus blog.)
A little detail from June 7th:


The same little ones today, June 11th:


Maybe it's just me, but I think they've grown! ;-)

And in hamster news, Fjerten was bold enough to almost take a piece of AllBran from my hand this morning. She sat inside her little tunnel, but only just. Her nose was almost on the outside, and she nibbled the AllBran while I still held on to it. Of course, as soon as I moved even a fifth of an inch, she ran deeper into the tunnel to hide. What can you do. Baby steps.

1 comment:

KAS said...

Clearly so. :-C